This course is designed to give students a firm foundation in basic administration of Oracle Database. In this class, students learn how to install and maintain Oracle Database. Students gain a conceptual understanding of the Oracle database architecture and how its components work and interact with one another. Students learn how to create an operational database and properly manage the various structures in an effective and efficient manner including performance monitoring, database security, user management, and backup/recovery techniques.
On successful completion of this course, students will be awarded certificates of course completion by ExcellentBridge IT Institute. They will also be ready to get international certification on Oracle Database Administration.
- Over 48 lectures and 312 hours of content!
- Software installation and the creation of new databases.
- An in-depth exploration of the database architecture, including memory, process and data structures, and the management of those structures.
- Management of database files.
- Specialized facilities intended to maximize performance of enterprise-scale transactional applications, such as the shared SQL and PL/SQL cache, the result cache, the database buffer cache, and other similar components.
- Management of security policies and procedures, including administration of user accounts, roles, privileges and profiles.
- Utilization of advanced self-tuning and self-management capabilities, including the use of Oracle-Managed Files, database Advisors and other components of the Management Framework.
- Performance monitoring, problem troubleshooting, and resolving lock and conflict issues.
- Using the Oracle Enterprise Manager and SQL interfaces for administration tasks.
- Control over database support services, including the Database Control, Oracle Net and others.
- A primer on backup and recovery structures and strategies.
- Operating system-specific considerations for various platforms, especially Linux and MS Windows Server.
- Duration : 16 week
- Max Students : 1000
- Enrolled : 68
- Assessments : Self