Software engineering is a discipline that allows us to apply engineering and computer science concepts in the development and maintenance of reliable, usable, and dependable software.
The purpose of this course is to present software engineering as a body of knowledge. The course is designed to present software engineering concepts and principles in parallel with the software development life cycle. The course will begin with an introduction to software engineering, giving you a definition of this body of knowledge, as well as a discussion of the main methodologies of software engineering. You will then learn about the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) followed by software modeling using Unified Modeling Language (UML), a standardized general-purpose modeling language used to create visual models of object-oriented software. You will go on to learn about five major phases of the SDLC: requirements gathering, requirements analysis, design, coding/implementation, and testing. You will also learn about project management for the purpose of delivering high-quality software that satisfies customer needs and is within budget.
On successful completion of this course, students will be awarded certificates of course completion by ExcellentBridge IT Institute. They will also be ready to get international certification on Software Development.
- Over 24 lectures and 96 hours of content!
- Appreciate the engineering nature of software development.
- Describe key activities in software development and the role of modelling.
- Explain key concepts in software development such as risk and quality.
- Explain the basics of an object-oriented approach to software development.
- Describe a simple workflow for interacting with the published literature on software development.
- Duration : 8 week
- Max Students : 100
- Enrolled : 57
- Re-take Course : 0
- Assessments : Self